What do we support for directors payroll?
Bokio now offers a payroll service. The purpose for this is to simplify the process of running payroll for directors who pay themselves a salary each month.
We would suggest reading this before you start using the feature.
What do we support?
- Enter and save employer details and HMRC credentials to support submissions.
- Adding employees that are directors, and have the tax code ending in L, that either starts either C, S or numbers and also the tax code BR.
- Running payroll on a frequency: monthly or annual payroll
- Running a payroll with one pay component “Gross salary”
- Automatically calculating payroll deduction for Income Tax, student loan, employee National Insurance.
- Calculating amount due for Employer National Insurance.
- Submitting RTI FPS.
- Recording payroll journal entry.
- Recording tax payment.
- Editing employees.
- Producing payslips for employees.
- Editing a payroll after submission.
What do we not support now but plan to support in the near future (by end of tax year)?
- Marking employees as offboarded and issuing P45s.
- Marking an FPS, as the final FPS of the year.
- Producing P60’s.
What do we not support?
- Submitting EPS
- Adding employees that are not directors, and do not have a tax code ending in L, and doesn't start with either starts either C, S or numbers and is not the tax code BR.
- Claiming employment allowance.
- Adding hourly pay, bonus or any other pay component than Gross salary.
- Any integration to auto enrolment or option to manually add pension deductions.
- Any deductions other than Income Tax, student loan and employee National Insurance.
- Payroll benefits.
- Managing the payments to HMRC or employees.